For a Circus performance, technologies were used to generate music based on the movement of the legs.
These technologies were used to create it:
- Movement sensor
- Piezo electric sensors on each leg connected to an arduino board
- The arduino board sends the info via USB to the raspberry pi 4 (raspberry pis don’t do analog sensors)
- Control Interface
- Web page with settings that are continuously read by the running program written in Python
- NeoPixel strips show lights when the sensor signal is above a threshhold specified in the control interface
- A note is generated on each movement using PianoGenie, based on Google’s music AI Magenta program.
- The note is broadcast on the Raspberry Pi using midi
- Sonic Pi takes the midi note inputs and generates different sounds that get sent to the speakers